Nail Salon Bacteria Infection

My mom caught a bad bacteria infection on her leg. We had to take her to the emergency room and after a diagnostic ultrasound the doctor diagnosed her with a severe bacteria infection. He asked us if she hit herself with something or if something bit or cut her in the last couple of days. It didn’t dawn on me until just only two days before she began all these crazy symptoms that I had taken her to the nail salon.

It really scares me how you can actually get infected in these places. Aren’t these places practicing routine disinfecting and sterilization? I seriously think they don’t because how the hell did this happen? She did nothing else but the pedicure and manicure so I’m 99% sure it was from this nail facility. I’m pretty disgusted in this whole ordeal. I spent 3 days and 2 nights at the hospital with my mom and the poor thing was in bad shape. The pain, swelling, burning pain was unbearable that not even pain killers were helping her.

What places can you trust these days? I really feel like calling the Attorney General’s office and letting them know about this matter. Even though I don’t have any proof that she indeed caught it from the nail place but what are the odds that she didn’t?

I mean we go to these places to improve our self image and feel better about ourselves and to stay healthy not to catch bacteria or other similar infections. God forbid if my mom had cached something worse like a disease or something. My God, I don’t know what I would have done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first step is to contact the Department that handles the licensing of salons in your state. If you are in California, you must contact the Dept. of Barbering and Cosmetology, their website is :http://www.barbercosmo.ca.gov/, and you must lodge a complaint (its a requirement by law that they send out an inspector). The next step is contact an attorney because you might think about a lawsuit in this matter. Your mother might be scarred for life! And then get the word out to your friends, co-workers, etc. that before you put your feet into a spa, make sure they actually see it being cleaned and disinfected with a EPA-certified disinfectant!